Congratulations on making one of the most important decisions of your life! We realize that once you receive your manual, you may still have a few questions. One of the most popular questions we get is, â€œWhen do we get a cheat day or cheat meal?â€
Letâ€™s cut to the chase; itâ€™s Day 43.
We realize this is not what you wanted to hear. Change is difficult, and youâ€™ll be making lots of changes over the next 6 weeks. Following the damn instructions is critical for success on the program. We didnâ€™t say it was easy, but it will be worth it. The good news is that there are cheat day alternatives.
10 Cheat Day Alternatives
Itâ€™s important to celebrate the wins along the way. Here are some FTDI â€“ approved cheat day alternatives:
- Go for a hike. As the weather warms up, get outside and enjoy the outdoors. This doesnâ€™t have to be some grand adventure, perhaps thereâ€™s a community trail with a beautiful experience. Take a friend or go alone.
- Buy a new pair of shoes or workout outfit. New shoes or a new outfit also tend to reignite excitement because you canâ€™t wait to show them off.
- Get a manicure, pedicure, massage or facial. A relaxing day at the spa over the weekend will have you feeling rested and ready for another week of hard work.
- Buy a new kitchen gadget. Youâ€™re learning new ways to cook, why not make life a little easier with a new kitchen gadget?
- Go see a movie or play. Just be sure to avoid the concessions counter.
- Buy flowers for yourself.
- Learn a new sport, activity or hobby. Have you always been interested in learning fencing, Zumba, kickboxing, or maybe gardening? Look into classes offered by your trainers, local businesses or community adult schools.
- Buy a new goal outfit. Splurge on something special to help motivate you to get to the end successfully.
- Eat a Quest bar. They come in a lot of flavors and most people like them.
- Do something nice for yourself. Spend extra time alone browsing tools at the hardware store, paint your nails, play an extra hour of video games, enjoy a quiet afternoon at the coffee shop (tea or coffee with approved sweetener only!), take a nap or even sleep in!
These are just 10 cheat day alternatives, but get creative! You know what makes you tick. Make a list of things you enjoy and keep them on hand for when temptation hits hard. Promise yourself a reward for each achievement along the way.